Friday, February 1, 2013

How to Become a writer.

How to become a writer was the first story assigned in Sweeny's English 102 Class. This has been my favorite story so far. The fact that the main character tries so hard to get what she wants in life despite how family, friends and boyfriends feel, relates to how I feel about life in general. Everyone always tells you that you can be anything in life, yet when you pick an amazing aspiration they feel uneasy about your choice. The author tells us that the main character is great with kids and that her advisor is pushing her to work with children. Even though the narrator or character in this story has found, for lack of a better word, her niche, she feels as if there is something else out there for her to do. She wants to write; she faces many obstacles that may make her feel as if she cannot reach her goal. This I can personally relate to. In high school I had to have 10 surgeries and fell tremendously behind in classes. This kind of discouraged me to strive for what I really wanted out of life. Wanting to go into the medical profession but never being able to attend a math class to retain the information. It becomes torturous. Much like the writer I was focused on what I really wanted and was able to pull all my grades up and strive for what I felt was my true potential. This story is just a reminder that you can do almost anything you set your mind to.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this story as well, im glad you found the courage and motivation to strive through your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like this story to. I am a strong believer in reaching your dreams adn making them come true. Motivation is the key!

    ReplyDelete